Nowadays loads of us use Dropbox on a daily basis to sync, back up and share our important files. However if your cheap like me and only have a free account you may be starting to run out of space.
Fortunately there are quite a few ways to gain yourself some extra gigabytes, I’m sure you’re aware of of some of these tricks but hopefully I may hit on one or two you’ve missed out on:
- Complete 5/6 getting started tasks (if you haven’t already done them there should be a getting started link when you sign into the Dropbox website) -250MB
- Refer your friends – 250MB a friend (max 8Gb)
- Register as a student – 500MB (plus all referrals now worth 500MB, max 16GB)
- Tweet and Facebook about Dropbox – 640MB
- Complete Dropquest 2011 – Finally 1GB of space is up for grabs if you complete the inaugural Dropbox Dropquest, if you’re feeling lazy a walkthrough can be found at Slickdeals. I’m sure this challenge is time limited so get in whilst you have the chance!
Do all of the above and you’re looking at a grand total of 20,390 MB of space, for free!